Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 151

Thread: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

  1. #101
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    I knew Amy and Kayla as children and they were not that way then. Their Dad was my Pastor.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #102
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one that was most invloved in the removal of coach Godsey was he himself. He knew what he had been told and continued on with what he was doing. I know that others tried to tell him he was getting in over his head and he got in the quicksand and sank. </div></div>

    Wow that sounds kind of arrogant to me....
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #103
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: retiredteach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew Amy and Kayla as children and they were not that way then. Their Dad was my Pastor. </div></div>

    I'm thinking we got someone who has more of a personal investment in this and it wouldn't matter who was the replacement, they would dislike them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #104
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    Well, I suppose you can take it how you want. Truth is the truth.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  5. #105
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    I will agree with you teach. I have known the Tiptons for most of my life. I know Amy better than Kayla personally, because we graduated the same year and she married a friend of mine also. Scott and the whole family have been nothing but friendly, and nice in the times I have been with them, whether it be at a ballgame, running into them in Kingsport, or when singing at their church.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #106
    Inactive Member j10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2007
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI if I happen to see her again and she will speak to me (she prob. won't thus why I say she's arrogant) I will be more that happy to tell her how I feel. But please do not presume that I do not know her because I do, have for a long time. So no, I don't think she's arrogant just because she took Godsey's job, I think it because i've known it to be true...I'm sorry that it's so far out of your realm of possibility that what I say could be true, but from what i've heard, and actually witnessed (FYI I do frequent GC from time to time) I believe it to be true....</div></div>

    Heck if i knew you i probably wouldn't talk to you either. Not because i'm arrogant but because your ignorant.

  7. #107
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    Sorry stripes you won't be able to convince QueenVictoria, or Swammy or whatever her name is today....She knows it all, because she HEARS it from good connections....And she is such a woman that she cuts down people by name on a public forum, but she seems to be the only one buying her story so let her gripe...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #108
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    HAHA good one J10
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  9. #109
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    Latest TimesNews article on the situation

    Protesters demand Gate City coach's reinstatement

    ____________
    GATE CITY - Several people plan to protest throughout this week, or longer, the Scott County School System's removal of a favorite Gate City High School coach.

    Hugh Godsey was dismissed from coaching duties for the girls softball team, and he says he has been told he will not be recommended to return as girls basketball coach at Gate City High School.

    Supporters spoke on his behalf at Board of Education meetings March 19, March 27 and May 1.

    Supporters rallied around the state title-winning coach after it was announced that the board would hear, in closed session, reasons why his softball coaching contract would not be renewed.

    They returned at subsequent meetings of the BOE to request Godsey's reinstatement and to criticize the board and school system officials.

    When people addressed the board about Godsey, BOE members failed to respond.

    While the protesters took the board members' silence as a sign they were oblivious to the speakers' concerns, Superintendent Jim Scott said it is part of the rules governing board meetings.

    The board members are not supposed to address the speaker during the public comment, he said.

    If there is a group of people who attend a meeting to talk about a single issue, it is within the board chairman's rights to have a single representative speak for the group, Scott said.

    That issue incensed Hugh Godsey's brother, Ronnie Godsey, at the May 1 BOE meeting when he was asked to have one person represent the group of supporters.

    Hugh Godsey chose to speak for the five-minute time allotment. He told the BOE that he did not understand why he was being punished. Although school officials say he was dismissed due to insubordination to Scott, Godsey said he was never given clear instructions by Scott.

    Scott did not respond to Godsey at the meeting, but later said that he had full documentation that could support his treatment of Godsey in court, if necessary.

    Three protesters outside the BOE offices Monday were ready to continue their vigil until board members give them answers about Godsey's removal.

    "We want Coach Godsey back now" read the sign held by Jack Hamilton on Monday.

    "My granddaughters played ball for (Godsey). I feel he's not getting treated fairly," Hamilton said. "I think we should be able to speak at board meetings too."

    "Superintendent and school board are unfair, unjust and biased," read the sign held by Hugh Godsey's mother, Nancy Godsey.

    Nancy Godsey plans to stand in front of the board office all week if the weather holds.

    "I think we'll be doing this off and on until the election," Hamilton said.

    Hugh Godsey's brother Harold Godsey held a sign "Superintendent and school board must go."

    "We think we need a new school board. In the past, there have been unopposed seats. I don't think any of them are going to be unopposed this year," Harold Godsey said.

    Harold Godsey said he has heard of many people who plan to run for the Board of Education, and Hamilton said he has circulated a petition on Hugh Godsey's behalf that has more than 800 signatures on it.

    The petition calls for "the equitable treatment of all teachers and coaches and reinstatement of Coach Godsey," Hamilton said.

    All three protesters hoped to be out again at 9 a.m. today.

    Hamilton said he was upset by the treatment Godsey's supporters received at the April board meeting.

    "With (800) names on a petition, we feel we deserve an answer," Hamilton said.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #110
    Inactive Member archerwon22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Godsey possible candidate for AAA school...

    If I had child at GC. I would contemplate a lawsuit on the reasoning that my child would not be afforded the same opportunities at a college scholarship that she would have had with Coach Godsey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •